Family, food, friends: December promotions provide holiday value, savings
FORT LEE, Va. – December has its own special charm that brings back cherished memories of holiday celebrations and traditions, and shopping the commissary provides savings and value that make today’s celebrations just as memorable.
“Family, food and friends are the perfect ingredients for making new memories that you’ll cherish over the years,” said Army Command Sgt. Maj. Tomeka N. O’Neal, the Defense Commissary Agency’s senior enlisted advisor to the DeCA director. “Save your time and money by shopping at the commissary. It has everything you need for your holiday meals, allowing you to spend more with those who matter most to you.”
Save even more time and money by visiting the online customer portal, MyCommissary. The portal makes it easy to access your Commissary Rewards Card account and see the current sales flyer.
Patrons are reminded to check the ends of aisles in their store for themed items with extra low pricing. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers should check with their store for details or visit their store page to verify what’s available. Here are a few areas to consider for commissary savings:
- Super Soda Savings. Special holiday price of four 12 packs of soda for $11. Promotion only available in states, including Alaska and Hawaii, from Dec. 23 to 27.
- Exclusive savings on select frozen turkeys. Commissaries worldwide will offer limited weekly quantities of frozen turkeys at 48¢ per pound. Plan ahead for your holiday meals and take advantage of these special seasonal savings while supplies last. Check your commissary for brand availability. Promotion runs through Dec. 31.
- Turkey booklet. The commissary and its industry partners are teaming up to offer a coupon booklet offering savings of more than $21 off a turkey with qualifying holiday meal purchases. A limited number of these booklets were distributed only to stateside stores (including Alaska and Hawaii) at the end of October. They can be redeemed at any commissary worldwide through December.
- Holiday Sparkle Text-To-Win. Don’t miss your chance to save and enter for a chance to win a $25 commissary or exchange gift card. Look for the text-to-win signs on shelves in front of your favorite brands such as Kellogg cereals, Frosted Mini Wheats, Raisin Bran, Eggo’s, Reynolds, Hefty, Oscar Mayer, Bush’s, Pillsbury & Garnier Fructis. Promotion ends Dec. 31.
- Kellogg’s Super Savings and $500 Text-To-Win. Kellogg’s is providing “holiday savings” on Frosted Mini Wheats, Raisin Bran Crunch, Cheez-It Crackers, Cheez-It Snap’d, Rice Krispies Treats, Rice Krispies Treats Poppers, Pringles Wavy, Pringles Turkey, Pop-Tarts (5/6/8 count), and Eggo Waffles (6/8/10 count). Additionally, patrons can enter to win a Kellogg’s-sponsored Text-to-Win prize. Fifty families will win a $500 commissary gift cards. Details on how to enter and win are on posters and banners in participating stores. Promotion ends Dec. 15.
- Featured ‘dietitian-approved’ recipe. Save up to 20 percent on select ingredients for Cranberry Turkey Sandwiches.
- Commissary beef and pork savings. Check with your meat department for the commissary beef and pork savings:
oFall Favorites Power Box – Offers a 25 percent savings to our patrons on select cuts of beef
oWhole Sub Primal Beef Sold at Cost – customers can save 14 to 26 percent on sub primal beef. Cut upon request for free
oHealthy Alternative Power Buy Box – Save 29 percent on 20 pounds of select cuts of lean beef and pork
oEconomy Power Buy Box – Save 31 percent on 15 pounds of select cuts of beef and pork
“Our commissary staff and industry partners wish all of our patrons a safe and happy holiday season,” O’Neal said. “We are proud to be part of the military community, and it is our honor to serve you.”
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!