124 Years Strong: AAFES Misawa to celebrate anniversary with special savings
MISAWA AFB – For 124 years, the Army & Air Force Exchange Service has gone where troops have gone to provide goods and services to Warfighters and their families. The Department of Defense’s oldest retailer is celebrating its July 25 anniversary with savings for military shoppers.
Misawa Airmen and families can enjoy these great savings:
- Select home goods for $124 – up to 50% savings on Wusthof cutlery, Cuisinart cookware, Bissell vacuums, Ninja kitchen systems and more. Valid July 19 to 25.
- A free 16-ounce coffee at Express locations on July 25.
- Select snacks at Express locations for $1.24 from July 1 to 31, including Del Monte fruit cups, Stryve protein snacks, Deli Express meat and cheese sticks, Ball Park hot dogs, king-size candy bars, Kettle brand chips, ice cream treats and more.
- $1.24 off combo meals at participating Exchange restaurants on July 25.
- $1.24 off Reel Time Theater concession combos July 26 to 28.
“It’s been an honor for the Exchange to serve Warfighters and their families for 124 years,” said General Manager Kristine Colwey. “These special savings are to say ‘thank you’ to our military shoppers – the best customers in the world.”
An important part of the Exchange’s history is giving back. 100% of Exchange earnings are reinvested in the community, with about 60% of earnings going to Quality-of-Life programs such as Air Force Outdoor Recreation. Last year, Misawa Exchange shoppers generated $492,675.45 for these programs.
In 1895, the War Department issued General Order 46 directing commanders to establish an exchange at every post. Since then, exchanges have faithfully served alongside military members wherever they are called to serve.
“The Army & Air Force Exchange Service brings convenience and savings to those serving,” Cowley said. “Whether stationed stateside, overseas or right here at Misawa, troops and their families know the Exchange is there for them.”
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!