Wasabi tofu milk gelato
When it comes to Japanese ice cream flavors, green tea reigns supreme. But why not try the sweet stuff with another wafu green ingredient? This sweet milk gelato with a refreshing wasabi aftertaste will make you fall in love with this “unusual” treat. Note that tube wasabi is all right—but freshly grated will lend itself to the best result.
Servings: 6 scoops
Cooking time: 2 h; active 20 min
- 150cc milk
- 80cc heavy cream
- 100g silken (kinu) tofu
- 60cc sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon wasabi
- Whip heavy cream to form soft peaks.
- Blend milk, silken tofu, sweetened condensed milk, and wasabi to smoothen purée.
- Add half of the whipped heavy cream and mix well. After, add the rest of the cream and mix to smooth. Shift to the container and freeze for 1 h.
- Take ice cream container out of the freezer. Whip well to make it fluffy. Freeze again for another hour.
- Repeat step 4 a few times, until the ice cream freezes completely but remains fluffy.