- 100g capellini pasta
- 125ml thin cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 20ml sake
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 100g sea urchin, plus extra to serve
- Aonori, to serve
- Cook pasta until al dente, strain and reserve water.
- Combine cream, butter, sake, and crushed garlic cloves in a small saucepan. Place over a low heat and cook for 10 minutes, until slightly thickened, and stirring occasionally to avoid mixture sticking to the bottom or sides of the pan. Lift briefly from the heat if the mixture starts to bubble too rapidly.
- Remove the cream mixture and add to a food processor with uni. Blend until smooth, then strain. Taste the sauce and add a little salt if required. Return the uni cream mixture to the pan over a low heat. Add pasta, increase heat to medium and toss well to coat pasta. Add a couple of tablespoons of the reserved pasta water if you want a runnier sauce.
- Divide pasta between plates, sprinkle with aonori and top with extra uni.