Trick or Treating Events
Yokosuka Naval Base
Date & Time: Oct. 31, 4:30 – 8 p.m.
Note: SOFA adult and MLC/IHA can escort 6 guests (all guests 13 years old and above are required to have a valid photo ID)
Date & Time: Oct. 29, 4 – 8 p.m.
Note: One SOFA adult can sponsor four adults with a maximum of three children per adult, not to exceed a maximum of 10 people sponsored. If you are planning to sponsor off-base friends to Trick or Treat you must fill out the proper document and submit to Pass and ID Office by Oct. 14. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent.
Date & Time: Oct. 31, 5 – 9 p.m.
Note: SOFA members and MLC/IHA can escort 10 guests (escort must be 18 or older)
Request letters are available via e-mail from POCs and must be submitted to S-5/Visitor Center by 3 p.m. on Oct. 30.
Sasebo Naval Base
Date & Time: Oct. 31, 4:30 – 8 p.m.
Location: Hario and Dragon Vale Housing
Note: Japanese are allowed to trick or treat at Hario and Dragon Vale Housing. A SOFA sponsored escort is not required, but children should be escorted by an adult. Adults will need to bring picture ID for base access.
- Spooky Fright Night Hike: 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., Oct. 28, Outdoor Adventure Center.
- Zombie Run (SOFA sponsored personnel ages 18 and older): 7 p.m., Oct. 28, at Nimitz Park.
- Halloween CosTomb Parties, 8 p.m. - midnight, Oct. 28, Galaxies and Hario Cantina.
- Monster Mash, 4:30 p.m. – 8 p.m., Oct. 29, Hario Ballfield.
- Halloween Costume Party, 8 p.m. – 1 a.m., Oct. 29 (For single or unaccompanied military), Liberty Center.
- Hakata Halloween Parade, Noon – 9 p.m., Oct. 30 (For single or unaccompanied military), Liberty Center.
- Halloween Cosmic Bowling, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., Oct. 31
Date & Time: Oct. 31, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Note: It is open to local Japanese. There are pre-registration procedures and they must have a sponsor.
Date & Time: Oct. 29, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Note: Visitors will be allowed on base if invited and escorted by an adult SOFA-sponsored ID cardholder or MLD/IHA employee, or a JASDF member who is in possession of a 5AF Form 98EJ. Escorts may bring a maximum of 5 visitors. Visitors over 15 must bring photo ID. Base access will only be granted through the Fussa Gate.
Family Housing Area
Date & Time: Oct. 31, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Location: Trick-or treating should be limited to the housing areas where kids live, and only at the homes with lighted doorways.
- SOFA members: Up to 10 adult & no more than 3 children (under the age of 18) per adult and Up to 2 guest vehicles.
- Local National Employees: Up to 5 adults & no more than 3 children per adult and 1 guest vehicle.
Registration: Must submit USAG-J form 1529 and 1529-1 by Oct. 31, 4:30 p.m. to Camp Zama or SHA Pass Office or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Guests will need to show their pass & valid ID at the gate upon entry. USAG-J form 1529 cannot be processed at any gate. Kids must be supervised by a responsible adult.
Other Halloween Events on Camp Zama/SFHA/Sagami General Depot
- The annual Loop Run in conjunction with a Block Party: Oct. 29, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at SFHA Club Parking Lot. Free. Register by Oct. 27, 9 p.m. at the Youth Center (for kids) and at Yano Fitness Center (for adults). Runners are encouraged to run in Halloween costumes.
- Zama Bowling Center Halloween Pre-Party: Oct. 29, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. There will be bowling prizes and a costume contest for the kids and parents.
- The CZCC Halloween Party: Oct. 29, 9 p.m. Adults only. There will be a costume contest with live music and entertainment.
- The SFHA Club special dinner “Pirates of Pacific Rim”: Oct. 31, 4:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.