Road tax due April 2013
You must have your title to pay tax
All payments must be made in Yen.
Heavy Vehicle Information
33E, 33Y, 300Y, 300E, 329Y, 330Y, 331Y:
more than 4,501cc - ¥22,000
less than 4,501cc - ¥19,000
44Y, 400Y, 55Y, 500Y, 529Y, 530Y, 531Y, 500E: ¥7,500
Light vehicle and motorcycle information
50A, 40A, 580A: ¥3,000
YAMA A, B: ¥1,000
IWAKUNI A, B, C: ¥500
- April 24 through 26, tax collectors from the city will be at the Provost Marshal’s Office pass and registration section for heavy vehicle owners to pay their tax on station from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Heavy vehicles can otherwise pay road tax on the first floor of the New Symphonia Building from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Parking is free in the rear of the building.
- Once your road tax is paid, bring the following to the pass and registration section of the PMO building, to receive your new base decal:
- Japanese title, secondary insurance, the vehicle or motorcycle, Japanese Compulsory Insurance (JCI), SOFA license and AFID card, recycling fee receipt and new road tax receipt.
- Light Vehicles and motorcycles will pay road tax on the second floor of City Hall located across from the police station from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Validated parking is free.
- Maps to the new Symphonia building and City Hall can be obtained from the PMO pass and registration section. For any other questions, contact pass and registration at 253-3135.
- To avoid the long lines of the “last minute rush” at PMO, please pay your road tax and renew your decal early in April.
- April 30 the PMO pass and registration section will only process 2013 Road Tax registration and licenses. No other business will take place during this time.
For more information, call PMO Pass and Registration at 253-3161.