Jewish High Holy Day at Yokosuka NB
Rosh Hashannah: Begins at sunset on Sunday, September 13
- We will have potluck dinner starting at 1700 prior to services at 1800
- Morning Services on Monday, September 14 will begin at 1000 and will be followed by a light lunch oneg, which will feature open discussion with Rabbi Ballaban
- Morning Services on Tuesday, September 15 (TBD) will likely begin at 1000 and consist mostly of discussion about the torah reading for the second day and open discussion with Rabbi Ballaban
Yom Kippur: Begins at sunset on Tuesday, September 22
- We will have potluck dinner starting at 1630 prior to Kol Nidre services at 1730
- Morning Services on Wednesday, September 23 will begin at 1000
- Afternoon/Evening Services will begin at 1600 with the intent based on sunset projections to break the fast at 1800
Services will be held in the Chapel of Hope and the meals in the Fellowship Hall at Yokosuka Naval Base.
If you would like to attend, please RSVP to Adam Kulawy <email@example.com> via email NLT Friday, September 4.
If you would like to bring something to any of the meals, please notify Adam Kulawy so that the list can be compiled.
The intent is for all meals to be dairy/pareve, so milk based or fish based dishes are acceptable. If any details change, email will be sent out to everyone in the community.